Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Results On My Bets For The Debates

**Please note when refering to bets, it refers to a fantasy political market and no money was traded**

So I was both a winner and loser last night. I lost my bet that John Edwards would be asked the first question for the CNN Democratic Debate. Of course they came out of the gates with both Hillary’s hottest issue and the nations most troubling. So Hillary was asked immediately about the economic stimulus package. So I lost that bet.

That bet by the end of the debate was overwhelmingly offset by my predication that Hillary Clinton would mention her husband more then six times. To give her credit, after my “claim to fame comment below,” every time she mentioned her husband it was in response to a question or an attack. Yet, because there were specific questions on her husband’s role in the campaign, I won the bet hands down.

So I walked out of there 1-1. So I will be placing my bets soon on the results of the South Carolina Primary. I have a few shorts and a long in place but at no time are those set predictions, there are always better prices to be had and better leverage to obtain.

-- Topher Lloyd

No comments: