Saturday, January 26, 2008

Fiat Money Chasing Oil

***Parts have been ammended for clarity, although not affect the point***

Many of you have asked me what makes me think I know what I am talking about when I was refering to monetary policy. (Yes, I didnt write for two years and deleted all prior posts despite supporting my current opinions) I just submitted this to the Paul campaign as of 2:53 AM:

Dr. Paul, please I want you and everyone reading this, to correct me if I am wrong. I am an international finance major, who studied under (name omitted) at the University of Colorado at Boulder, who was a study of Milton Friedman at the University of Chicago. Although I disagree with a lot of what he (omitted professor) teaches, I believe in his monetary policy. We currently had a fiat standard, meaning our dollar chases the most traded commodity. I am a believer in the oil standard theory. Without oil, it would be coffee. Our dollar is currently pegged to oil, so all the other countries that have pegged their dollar to the U.S. dollar are being screwed. Not to mention OPEC who is currently mandated by their own laws to trade only in US dollars. So to keep demand for dollars high, we must keep the price of oil high, because if the price oil of falls, in dollars, our US dollar will collapse because it is artificially inflated by the mandate to trade in US dollars.


Currently our dollar is falling and they are begging to trade in Euros but are not allowed. Thus the reason why the US dollar AND gold are at all time highs.


I believe that bringing us back to a gold standard is correct. Yet some in the free markets see that our dollar is chasing the highest traded commodity. I do not see this as correct. Especially since we, through taxes pay close to nine dollars more a gallon in the mere instance to protect our shipments from pirates and other hostile governments.

There’s a reason why Europe pays more per gallon and its not because they pay the taxes to protect shipments. With Oil speculations at the rate they are and gold approaching $1000 dollars a day……… when I was in college, gold was worth its weight in pot. Now pot is cheaper then gold. But…… If we go off an oil standard to a coffee standard, how would American consumers survive? If not coffee, sugar. If not sugar, ink….. which the fed uses to print money.


Why do not people see the need for a pegged currency to a mandible commodity?

No comments: