Monday, January 21, 2008

Bets On The Upcoming Democratic Presidential Debate

Because I have been recently laid off, below, when referring to bets, keep in mind it is through CNN’s political market and not Intrade. I have ceased all bets on the site for obvious reasons.

Both bets were on tonight’s debates. My first bet was the odds on who I think will be asked the first question and for this I placed it for John Edwards. My reason for this is that this past week, the Edwards’ campaign has accused the media of not giving them fair coverage and has been receiving more interviews from CNN. Also with the continuous mind-numbing drama between Obama and Clinton, the network isn’t going to start the debate with drama that will come naturally. So because of them, my bet is on Edwards being asked the first question.

The second bet was on the issue of how many times I think Hillary Clinton will mention her claim to fame husband, Bill Clinton. I bet on the max (6+) times in the debate because one, he is her claim to fame, and two she is continually bringing him up to inject the euphoria of the naturally occurring markets during Clinton administration. With the usual my husband remarks coupled with Bill Clinton’s opinions on Barack Obama and race, there will be a defensive stance taken buy Hillary on the nation stage.

We’ll see how these bets make out at 8 PM EST time on the CNN South Carolina Democratic Presidential Debates. Happy bashing all!

-- Topher Lloyd

No comments: